Friday 23 February 2007

Weekly going ons!

I’ve joined an exclusive club this week. ‘Which Club’, I hear you ask. ‘Groucho’s? Soho House? Blacks?’

Better than all the above. Birmingham Snooker Club. Being in the media means membership cost me £2.50. For a whole year. 2 pints and a bag of crisps for a fiver. And, of course, you can play snooker or pool if you want to. Which I won’t. And why is this club better than all the above? Simple. 1 – it’s in Birmingham, which is where I am and – 2- THE BAR NEVER CLOSES. No, really. It’s open 24/7. It’s not that I’m a boozer, but most people in theatre don’t finish work till 10.30pm and in spite of the so called 24 hour drinking, most pubs still shut at 11pm. Imagine you leave the office or your shop or factory at 5.30pm and say to a mate “fancy a pint?” and then all the pubs shut at 6pm. Not very convenient.

Also this week, me ol’ mate John Slater knocked up a touring brochure for me play Henry V – Lion of England which looks like will now tour the UK in the Autumn. And I found a brilliant printer in Erdington who’s going to print em up!

Still haven’t finished the business plan for the Brave New Maverick. It’s like swimming through treacle! Better be off now. I’ve a MySpace site to check out! So web.2, loves!

P.S. The club is not really called the Birmingham snooker club. I thought I should protect its identity!

No comments: