Wednesday 28 February 2007

Here we go then!

Look everyone! An Actor! I spoke to Michael Shaw last week and asked if he minded if we used his image for a touring brochure - which he didn't. This was Michael when he performed my Henry V - Lion of England at the Waterside in Stratford-upon-Avon. We were there for 6 weeks, I think and I can't believe it was 1995!

Michael may be up for Henry again, but as he said, it's a VERY strenuous part and he's 12 years older now. But he is a great talent is our Mickey and even if his knees won't bear three months on the road as the Merry Monarch (and 12 other characters!) I'm sure we'll do stuff together again sometime.

Me ol' mate John Slater has knocked up a touring brochure and this week I've got it printed and so it looks like it's all systems go with the new Maverick. So gird your loins - Henry V - Lion of England is going to be touring the UK for the first time ever! In the autumn. How exciting! Although I did write it in 1992, so it's not as if it's not overdue. It's had brilliant reviews, fortunately, and I hope you'll like it. Watch this space for venues. I shall once again be knocking on the door of the Arts Council. And I've spent, literally, months trying to put a business plan together. Not my natural environment, loves!

And talking of the business plan, for some reason I seem to work quite well down the pub! It gets me out of the house, you see. If you find yourself in a pub in Kings Heath, Birmingham and there's a nutter with a notebook in the corner with a pint, chances are it's me. Although nothing makes much sense after the third pint, I have to say.

I'm trying to write a novel on the Two Pint Principal, too. I'm hoping it's a really good kids sci-fi adventure story. It's certainly a good excuse to take me notebook down the pub and have a pint and not look too much like a lonely, solitary, sad old man. A word of warning though. Usually, after a few pints of literary sparkle the curry house beckons and I owe many stones of weight and a rapidly increasing waistline to the Sylhet Spice in York Road.

Finally, another brilliant thing about t'interweb. I'm not supposed to talk about it, but allowing ads on this page earned Maverick 78 US cents on Monday. Rock On! And another brilliant feature is that you can comment on these posts. I didn't realize until I saw that Robb, our original musician and good guy, left a comment about the early days. I think you can see it too if you click the correct bit somewhere down below. And that's about as technical as I get especially as I've got to finish my 2008 turnover projections now for the Business Plan. Where's me coat? 3 pints, then I think it will be a Chicken Tikka tonight...

No comments: