Thursday 19 April 2007

A Birmingham Stomach and Goodbye M. Palin

I'm off to Olde London towne for a full week and after a conversation with me other half, Rebecca, about the joys or otherwise of being a Lady of Leisure, I decide to become a Lad Who Lunches. Bring it on, capital city. Can you beat Birmingham, Balti Capital of the World?

The potential cost of this potential gluttony is being supported by another personal loan I have had to take out. As you may know from a previous blog, I ran out of money at the end of March. This new loan means I now have enough finance to keep going till September 2007. The reality of Maverick moves another step closer. As does the reality of paying back the loans. But this is no time for a faint heart...!

I have also now COMPLETELY got over Michael Palin. I have a new best friend now, a man called Dominic Dromgoole. Apart from the obvious Irish connections, Dommy, as I have already started to call him, has written a book called 'Will and Me - How Shakespeare Took Over My Life'. So far it's a great read. As with Mickey P, I feel an initial twinge of envy at the Oxbridge education and all its opportunities, but, also like Mickey P, Doms lack of bull is refreshing. And reading about another human soul hijacked by the Bard gives me something of the feeling of self-help. I've also been buggered a bit by the bard, metaphorically speaking. Although, looking at my finances trying to get Henry V on, maybe more literally. And Dom likes his Shakespeare without all the pretentious bollix that often goes with it.

I love Dom. I hardly give Mickey P a thought now. Ever. I'm completely over him and his diaries 1970 - 1979. Although I did nearly buy the Monty Python DVD last week. ..

No comments: