Friday 20 September 2013

'Confessions of A Brummie Boy', by Norman Raybone

This first paragraph is one of the reasons why I wanted to publish Norman's memoir - a working class man from Brum.


"For the life of me, I do not know why I am starting this project. I was initially motivated by a telephone conversation with my eldest son, John. He urged me, on behalf of the family, to put down on paper some of the most momentous and interesting incidents of my long life in Birmingham. My sorely neglected education and atrocious spelling proved a deterrent to me attempting such a task. However new technology, the Computer, has made it possible for me to try this crazy idea. I was nervous and 85 years old, but I took a Computer course on Windows 95 at Solihull College. This finally made me decide to try my luck. But now I am in a quandary. How to start? Nervously, I think the best, and only way to start, is at the beginning. Please excuse my bad grammar and repeated words, for my vocabulary is limited."


Kewl, Norman. You have a great story. Although at 85,000 words I've only edited up to 1931 at the moment!

You can reserve a copy and a ticket to the launch party next year - there's GOT to be a party... for £9.99 at www.LondonLiteraryPubCrawl.com

Gertcha! Bostin' our kid.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad. Clever 'ent I!

Location:Chiswick High Road,Hounslow,United Kingdom

No comments: