Wednesday 20 June 2007

Can You Hear Me Mother?


Things have been a bit busy. I've been Mr Radio for the last 2 weeks on The Arrow, filling in for Dave Hickman on the afternoon show. Holiday relief. The money's a bit of a relief, I can tell you. Every little helps...

I interviewed Black Sabbath this week - or at least the reincarnation of the band, post Ozzy, 'Heaven and Hell', with Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iomi. I felt I did badly, but the guys were great. I'd not prepared enough. Like, have I just spelled their names correctly! The lack of preparation was not completely my fault, but I'm the one at the sharp end, so no excuses Hennegan.

Chastened by the experience, I made sure I was more on the ball with my second interview this week, with the band Ash. Much better, Nick. And although Tim Wheeler and Mark Hamilton are now living in New York and Richard McMurray, the drummer, is now living in Edinburgh, they're good mates with U2 and I can report that music from the wonderful island of Ireland is in very good hands.

I had some very friendly phone calls from Arrow listeners throughout the UK and although it curtailed my time on Maverick, I have to say its been quite enjoyable.

And we are advertising on the website for the new 'Henry V' team. Although the website is still not finished, I think I shall let people know of its existence. Start the ball rolling if only slowly!

Rock On!


No comments: